Flame Propagation Test for a Single Insulated Cable
IEC/ EN 60332-1
The FTT EN 60332-1 and IEC 60332-1 tests for the vertical flame propagation of a single insulated wire or cable is a bench scale test to determine the resistance of a single cable to a 1kW flame application. The apparatus is supplied as a complete system incorporating all the features necessary for ease of use and safety. It conforms to IEC/ EN 60332-1-2 (flame propagation) and IEC/ EN 60332-1-3 (test for flaming droplets).
IEC/ EN 60332-1 Test Apparatus
The IEC/ EN 60332-1 uses a test flame of specified height and colour, obtained with gas supplied at a suggested back pressure and flow rate. As mass flow controllers are used with this FTT apparatus, no specific back pressure is required. A thermal sensor is positioned over the flame, and the time for the temperature of the sensor to increase from 100°C to 700°C is determined. The time is used to confirm the heat-evolution profile of the test flame of 1kW.
The FTT IEC/ EN 60332-1 apparatus consists of a bench mounted open screen fitted with an electrically ignited burner, a control unit with safety interlocks and gas and air flow adjustment and a diverter panel with gas and air mass flow controllers. Features include: -
- Horizontal specimen supports
- A burner in compliance with EN 60695-11-2, with simple angle adjustment from 90° to 45° and a gas safety system which only allows gas to flow when a flame is detected
- Open front metallic chamber 1200 mm high, 300 mm wide and 450 mm deep
- Mass flow controllers for accurate and stable flow control to the burner
- Electronic spark ignition
- Calibration thermocouple in compliance with EN 60695-11-2
- Optional draught free chamber
Request for Product Catalogue click here >>