Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager
Date of Issue:
FTT is the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment. During the last 10 years, its Directors and Senior Researchers have participated in British, International, CEN and ASTM standardisation committees, ensuring the company is totally involved in the future of fire testing methods and equipment. From our headquarters in East Grinstead, these instruments are sold worldwide, with over 90% of our production being exported. We are part of the Judges Scientific group (https://www.judges.uk.com/), a UK-based group of scientific and engineering-based companies.
Due to exceptional growth, FTT now require an Area Sales Manager who will report to the Sales Director and assist in maximising sales and enhancing the FTT brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximise sales and help to obtain annual budget for sales.
- Relationship building with all job functions related to our disciplines.
- Help plan regular targeted sales tours, based on marketing intelligence, both alone and/or in the company of other FTT personnel.
- Actively look for and lead tender business from release to award.
- Identify any relevant trade shows, budget and manage them. This includes booking, identifying equipment, people, marketing and shipment to and from the venue.
- Provide prompt and accurate reports for all sales trips and meetings.
- Provide feedback to the FTT support department on any equipment issues and provide support to the customers in the field where able.
- Provide feedback to the FTT product development department on customer equipment requirements, outside of standard products.
- Liaise with Supply Chain / Stores for lead times on products.
- Liaise with FTT Agents and provide agent territory analysis.
- Provide your Line Manager with monthly forecasts to assist in the company’s forward planning.
- Provide content for social media and website communications.
- Screen new customers using visual compliance and log status.
- Analyse customer feedback surveys.
- Populate and help maintain sales data in the company’s CRM.
- Update quotations when new price lists become available.
- Constantly review the market situation with a view to proposing and implementing new strategic initiatives where appropriate.
- Gain a technical understanding of all products and their applications.
- Market research – gain an awareness of our competitors, their products and weakness.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and other relevant points with both Agents and End-Users.
- Plan for and entertain visitors to the company, including performing product demonstrations on FTT equipment.
- Evaluate orders and verify their accuracy.
- Assist other Sales Colleagues during their holidays and absence so that the sales department is covered at all times.
- Generally assist the Sales Department in their execution of their duties.
- Daily administration as required.
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by your Line Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Sales experience ideally in instrumentation
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- The ability to use initiative
- The ability to work well within a team and with others
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate
- Knowledge of analytical techniques
- A desire to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong administrative skills
Fire Testing Technology is an equal opportunities employer
The right candidate for this role will need to be prepared to move within easy commuting distance of our headquarters in East Grinstead and have permission to live and work within the UK.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org