Burning Behaviour of Bunched Cables
The EN 50399 was based on IEC 60332-3 with the addition of heat release measurement and a modified air inlet system. This is accomplished by fitting a small instrumented section of ducting into the exhaust system of the rig and using this with associated FTT gas analysis instrumentation and software. The duct section houses all gas sampling probes, temperature and mass flow probes and has ports for the smoke measuring system.
The gas analysis instrumentation is housed in a 19" instrument rack containing:-
- Oxygen Analyser(paramagnetic) supplied with temperature and pressure compensation for primary heat release measurement.
- Carbon Dioxide Analyser (infrared) for use in heat release measurement.
- Dual stage soot filter, refrigerant cold trap, drying column, pump and waste regulators for conditioning the sample gases prior to analysis.
- Controls for the smoke measurement system (if purchased).
- Data logger (if purchased).
Clients already owning the FTT Dual Cone Calorimeter, ISO 9705 Room/Corner test or SBI can use their cone instrumentation to measure heat release rate from their IEC 60332-3. Alternatively the EN 50399 Gas Analysis rack can be used to instrument other calorimeters (e.g. FTT Dual Cone Calorimeter etc.).
Request for Product Catalogue click here >>
View Product Catalogue click here >>