Electro-Mechanical Instrument Assembler
Date of Issue:
FTT is the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment, with an enviable growth record has become the major supplier dedicated to the design and manufacture of fire testing equipment. During the last 10 years, its directors and senior researchers have participated in British, International, CEN and ASTM standardisation committees, ensuring the company is totally involved in the future of fire testing methods and equipment.
From our headquarters in East Grinstead, these instruments are sold worldwide, with over 90% of our production being exported.
We are part of the Judges Scientific group (https://www.judges.uk.com/), a UK-based group of scientific and engineering-based companies.
FTT require an electro-mechanical instrument assembler build instruments and spares from their range of fire science instruments. Working as part of the production team the instrument assembler will have responsibility for building assemblies and complete instruments ready for the Test and Installation team to perform final tests and shipment to FTT’s customers worldwide.
Tasks and main responsibilities:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical subsystems and complete instruments
- Gas, water and pneumatic plumbing in copper, stainless steel and plastic tubing
- Loom wiring
- Wiring of control units and interface boxes.
- Fine mechanical assembly of delicate glass and ceramic assemblies
- Large scale mechanical assembly
- Cladding using calcium silicate board
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- The ability to use initiative
- The ability to work well with others
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service skills
- IT literate (MS Office, internet, email systems)
- Interest in sales
- Knowledge of analytical techniques
- A desire to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good strong administration skills
- Experience of pre-testing assemblies or instruments.
Any reasonable task requested by the company.
- Internal: Operations, Test, Service & Support, Technical.
Fire Testing Technology is an equal opportunities employer
You will need to be prepared to move within easy commuting distance of our headquarters in East Grinstead and have permission to live and work within the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role we cannot offer home working. Our site is COVID 19 secure and we take the health and safety of our staff very seriously.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position to: