Senior Software Engineer
Date of Issue:
FTT is the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment. During the last 10 years, its Directors and Senior Researchers have participated in British, International, CEN and ASTM standardisation committees, ensuring the company is totally involved in the future of fire testing methods and equipment. From our headquarters in East Grinstead, these instruments are sold worldwide, with over 90% of our production being exported. We are part of the Judges Scientific group (https://www.judges.uk.com/), a UK-based group of scientific and engineering-based companies.
FTT require a software engineer to develop new software and for the continuous improvement of existing software for their range of fire science instruments. Working as part of the software team and alongside FTT’s team of engineers and fire scientists, the software engineer will have responsibility for implementing the features necessary to control the instruments and process the acquired data as defined by the applicable standards and FTT’s fire scientists.
Tasks and main responsibilities:
Develop and maintain bespoke processing and control software.
- Define new project specifications and provide regular project updates.
- Maintaining software version control and updating of online manual.
- Testing new software features with required hardware.
- Providing software support for the installation team and customers as required.
- Compliance with all internal quality and Health and Safety procedures.
- Any reasonable task requested by the company.
- Proven experience as a software developer working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- C#, .Net, WPF, XAML, OO, Visual Studio, C, GIT.
- Real time embedded development. Ideally ARM.
- Experience with control systems, data acquisition and processing.
- Good appreciation of electronics hardware.
- Effective team player.
- Highly motivated and able to build close relationships internally and externally to achieve an end goal.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams.
- Familiar with QMS, documenting software changes and version control
- Familiarity with writing project requirement specifications and working to project timelines.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active strategic approach to challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Device driver implementation
- USB, SPI, I2C, MODBUS
Fire Testing Technology is an equal opportunities employer
The right candidate for this role will need to be prepared to move within easy commuting distance of our headquarters in East Grinstead and have permission to live and work within the UK.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position to: email@example.com