NBS Smoke Density Chamber
BS 6401; ASTM E662; NFPA 258 Options: ISO 5659/IMO FTP Code Part 2; ATS 1000.001/ABD0031; NES 711
The Smoke Density Chamber has been established for many years and is used widely in all industrial sectors for the determination of smoke generated by solid materials and assemblies mounted in the vertical position within a closed chamber.
This widely-used test instrument measures the specific optical density of smoke generated by materials when an essentially flat specimen, up to 25 mm thick, is exposed vertically to a radiant heat source of 25 kW/m², in a closed chamber, with or without the use of a pilot flame.
- Test chamber with full width opening door, allowing easy access for sample loading and chamber cleaning
- Controls are mounted beside chamber for convenient operation. They are not obstructed when door is open
- Smoke density and temperature are on digital displays, for easier use and greater accuracy
- Chamber walls are pre-heated for easier start-up and convenient equipment operation
- Safety blow-out panel, easily replaceable, allows for safe operation of test method
- Gas measurement ports are provided, for optional measurements of toxic gases
- Cabinet designed with a standard 19" rack, for simple addition of gas analysers and chart recorder and other control units
- Computer software
The FTT Smoke Density Chamber has been designed specifically for potential modification to incorporate the ISO 5659 Conical Radiant Furnace which extends the potential of the Smoke Chamber by allowing variable heat fluxes (up to 50 kW/m²), horizontal orientation of the specimen and the measurement of mass loss rate of the specimen. This also conforms with the recent IMO test protocols.
Size (m): 1.90 (H) × 1.63 (L) × 0.66 (D)
Power Supply: 110/230 V - 50/60 Hz - 16A
Size of actual chamber: 914 mm × 914 mm × 610 mm