ISO 5660; ASTM E1354; ASTM E1474; ASTM E1740; ASTM F1550; ASTM D6113; CAN ULC 135; BS 476 Part 15
The iCone²⁺ Calorimeter (ISO 5660; ASTM E1354) is the latest in the FTT Cone range and incorporates all of the best features of our range of cone calorimeters. It offers cutting edge PCB based technology, in a modular and robust build with remote communication, cone operation and diagnostic facilities that allow FTT the capability to efficiently respond, diagnose problems and service installations in all corners of the world.
The iCone²⁺ is the most advanced, reliable and user-friendly Cone Calorimeter in the world.
The Cone Calorimeter is the most significant bench scale instrument in the field of fire testing. Building on FTT’s decades of expertise in design and manufacture of calorimeters, the iCone²⁺ features an interactive and intuitive interface, automatic or manual control, sophisticated and flexible control options, and built-in data acquisition technology for robust data collection, analysis and reporting. It incorporates many new features not previously seen by fire testing laboratories, while being compact, accurate, reliable and easily maintained.
Directly Measured Properties:
- Heat release rate
- Time to ignition
- Mass loss rate
- Smoke release rate
- Effective heat of combustion
- Rates of release of combustion gas (e.g. carbon oxides)
International standards have been published describing the equipment and several national standardisation bodies have now published product standards for use of the Cone Calorimeter in assessing performances of finished products.
- Furniture (ASTM E1474)
- Wall lining materials (ASTM E1740)
- Prison mattresses (ASTM F1550)
- Electric cables (ASTM D6113)
- Railway rolling-stock applications (EN 45545-2)
- Maritime applications (IMO)
Unique Features of the iCone²⁺:
- Online support and remote diagnostics add control of instruments from FTT for quick and effortless support
- Design based on cutting edge surface mounted PCB technology
- PCB modular design facilitates improved serviceability and reliability
- Improved laser mounting system for easier setup and calibration as well as elimination of thermal drift
- Robust engineering for improved life expectancy of the instrument
- Latest generation gas analysers with PCB and touchscreen technology
- Remote cone heater assembly positioning control, so that heater-specimen surface separation can be adjusted pre- and mid-test, to facilitate testing of intumescing or thermally distorting specimens
- Programmable heat flux exposure regimes. Up to 10 consecutive heat flux ramping or holding phases can be programmed
- Motorised heat shield to protect specimen from heat exposure before test
- 5.5" colour touchscreen test control panel, adjacent to specimen, supplements principal computer control
- Automatic calibration by ConeCalc Software
- Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide – NDIR gas analysers optionally available
- Optional larger Cone fire model for testing specimens with very low heat release rates under uniform heat flux over entire surface
- Controlled Atmosphere Attachment – for testing specimens in low oxygen atmospheres that may be found in well developed fires, or for studying the effects of gaseous suppressants or other dynamic controlled-atmosphere environments. The cone assembly is located on top of the enclosure with exhaust gas exiting through the cone only. The cabinet replaces the conventional cone assembly but uses the same controllers as the normal cone. There is a door on the front of the assembly with a viewing window. Changing between the standard fire model and this unit is simple.
- FTIR Toxicity Test System - an advanced gas analyser used for continuous measurement of combustion gases in conjunction with FTT's cone calorimeter, Smoke Density Chamber or Single Burning Item.
- Cone Corrosimeter - built in accordance with ASTM D5485 and used for assessing the corrosive potential of combustion products.
- Integrated computer system.
- Sartorius Load Cell (increased range).
- Soot Mass sampling.