Test, Service and Installation Engineer
Date of Issue:
Director de Ingeniería
FTT is the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment. During the last 10 years, its Directors and Senior Researchers have participated in British, International, CEN and ASTM standardisation committees, ensuring the company is totally involved in the future of fire testing methods and equipment. From our headquarters in East Grinstead, these instruments are sold worldwide, with over 90% of our production being exported. We are part of the Judges Scientific group (https://www.judges.uk.com/), a UK-based group of scientific and engineering-based companies.
In addition to day-to-day continuous engineering, FTT require a Systems Engineer to help drive improvement of existing products and provide technical and design input into new products. Working as part of the Engineering team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing instrument and applications knowledge throughout the design phase and ensuring the design meets the overall system requirements.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities:
- Provide technical systems level support within the Engineering team to ensure products meet customer needs.
- Identify design changes to improve DFM/DFA of products and implement the changes through the company procedures.
- Prototype assembly and test of new designs and products.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers, preparation of build instructions and test parameters.
- Identifying performance improvements, the design changes necessary and producing a cost-benefit analysis.
- Compliance with all internal Quality, Health and Safety Procedures.
- Electro-mechanical design experience.
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Experience with gas analysis.
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA techniques.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to other engineers and across the business.
- Strong organisational skills to be able to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly motivated and able to build close relationships internally and externally to achieve an end goal.
- Knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes would be beneficial
- Internal: Operations, Test, Service & Support, Sales, Technical.
- External: Customers
Fire Testing Technology is an equal opportunities employer
You will need to be prepared to move within easy commuting distance of our headquarters in East Grinstead and have permission to live and work within the UK. If this role sounds suitable to you, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position to: email@example.com