Test, Service and Installation Engineer
Test and After-Sales Manager
Date of Issue:
FTT is the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment, with an enviable growth record has become the major supplier dedicated to the design and manufacture of fire testing equipment. During the last 10 years, its directors and senior researchers have participated in British, International, CEN and ASTM standardisation committees, ensuring the company is totally involved in the future of fire testing methods and equipment.
From our headquarters in East Grinstead, these instruments are sold worldwide, with over 90% of our production being exported.
We are part of the Judges Scientific group (https://www.judges.uk.com/), a UK-based group of scientific and engineering-based companies.
FTT is recruiting a Test, Service and Installation Engineer to work in the test, service and installation department. Reporting to the Test and After-Sales Manager, the successful candidate will join a small team of Test and Service Engineers.
Tasks and main responsibilities:
Final test of instruments after production:
- Electrical & mechanical inspection, test and overall performance of instrument and software.
- Ensuring all ancillary and spare parts are present and functional.
- The instrument is prepared appropriately for safe transport
Performing on-site installation and training of delivered instruments:
- Re-assembling instruments, connecting to the appropriate services provided and where applicable installing software on customer-supplied PCs.
- Demonstrating the operation and maintenance of the instrument and software. A routine installation lasts 2-5 days depending on instrument and often visits are combined with other installations / services.
Perform on-site and back-to-base maintenance, emergency service and hardware/software upgrades of fire testing instrumentation supplied by FTT and other manufacturers. A routine service usually lasts 2-3 days depending on instrument and often visits are combined with other jobs.
Giving telephone and e-mail technical support to clients.
- Post production factory acceptance testing of new instruments in conjunction with maintenance and customer returns.
- Considerable client contact and international travel (around 25%), providing installations, training and service.
- Technical support
Essential Skills and Abilities:
The candidate should be familiar with instrumentation systems, temperature control, electrical wiring and mechanical design. They need to be computer literate, and either be a science, electrical, electronic or instrumentation graduate or have previous experience of supporting industrial or scientific instrumentation with an ONC/HNC in either electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering. Applicants must have a full driving license, a current passport and be willing to travel when needed.
- Any programming experience
- Use of Microsoft Access
- Experience of installation & service on customer sites
- Experience of training customers on scientific equipment
Any reasonable task requested by the company.
Fire Testing Technology is an equal opportunities employer
You will need to be prepared to move within easy commuting distance of our headquarters in East Grinstead and have permission to live and work within the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role we cannot offer home working. Our site is COVID 19 secure and we take the health and safety of our staff very seriously.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position to: